Sunday, November 17, 2013

Daily Drawing: (Week)

Strictly speaking, today's post isn't really drawing. In fact, it isn't drawing at all. I took some photographs.

I've been tossing ideas around all over the place, and have for some time wanted to use the offcuts from my Self-Portrait series to try to push that work further. I was doing some lighting experiments (quite rudimentary) and attempting to create structures without the use of glue or anything other than the acrylic pieces themselves.

It went ok.

I know this is just a stage in an ongoing process, and with further work and attention it will end up going somewhere. I'm just not sure where. I also think there's only so far you can go without glue, especially given that I want the structures themselves to be the artworks, and they can get quite precarious at times. Here's a taste thus far.



No comments:

Post a Comment