Saturday, June 12, 2010

No picture make Alex sad

Now, having published that post, it really just doesn't seem right without posting any pictures. I don't really have any really recent work that's been finished, although I have two or three pieces on the go at the moment (mostly in the sketchbook stages).

This little guy here is probably the latest decent project that I've finished. Yes, it's cartoony. Yes, the colours are painfully cheerful. If that's not your style, that's ok, I understand. I find that I'm painfully defensive about this piece, due to a rather condescending comment my father made about it when i was finishing it. I feel like that also may have contributed to the lacklustre rendering of the rabbits; I am, however, reasonably happy with the way the central figure turned out, and particularly like the shadows around his feet. Yep, I'm an artist, and I enjoy weird little things like that. The medium is acrylic on board.
It may also be worth mentioning how many times today I was asked if I work in oils. It seems like this is really something I need to start doing, as many people appear to be fans. But oils are expensive. Anyways, have a good evening! Hopefully I'll have more worthwhile work to post within the next week or two.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT POSSIBLY CONVEY HOW AMAZING YOU ARE ALEX.

    ReplyDelete