Monday, May 17, 2010

The Jabberwocky

Good evening.
Did everyone have a good weekend?
That's good.
I think it's high time I updated this little guy again. It's been a couple of days, and people keep bugging me for a link to my blog. All the people looking at it has done little to swell the ranks of followers. That's ok though. As long as people are enjoying it, I reckon it's worthwhile.
Anyways, it's art posting time!





This is my final project for Narratives, Series and Sequences. It's based on the poem 'The Jabberwocky' by Lewis Carroll. It's not exactly a literal interpretation, but rather an illustration of the creation of the Jabberwocky 'legend'. I wanted it to be something like a storybook illustration, and it prompted suggestions by numerous people, not least of all my girlfriend, to minor in illustration. I'm fairly pleased with it, although I'd like to go back in and add more layers of different colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment